Ford Service Center Tips: How to Know When You Need New Tires on Your Vehicle
Check For These Signs and Come to Our Itasca Ford Dealership to Fix the Issue
Tires are a vital part of the composition of your vehicle that are often neglected until the driver is forced to address them. Not only is having tires in good condition and properly inflated important for safety, it also can improve fuel economy.
That, along with the fact you don’t have to pay for costly blowouts or other issues caused by blown tires, is enough to emphasize the importance of monitoring your tires.
Here’s what you should watch for and what to do if you need new tires.
Tires with worn treads are unsafe to drive in any condition, but especially in less-than-perfect weather. You should check your tire tread regularly to know what actions to take in regards to your tires. Some things to keep in mind when checking your tread wear:
- Brand new tires will have a tread depth between 9/32” and 11/31”
- Ideally, your tires should be replaced at tread depths of ⅛” (4/32”)
- Anything at or below 1/16” should be considered unsafe and replaced immediately
The best way to test tread wear is with a penny. Place the penny in the gap in your tire tread with Abraham Lincoln’s head pointing downward. If you are able to see Abe’s entire head, you are due for new tires and need to be on your way to your Itasca Ford dealership.
Additionally, you should be regularly checking for other signs of wear like cracks or damage to the outside of the tire. Damaged valve stems and bubbling are other signs it’s time to bring your tires to our Ford service center for evaluation.
Tire pressure is important to monitor all the time, but especially when in extreme weather conditions. When temperatures of tires fluctuate and then are driven on extremely cold or hot pavement, the tires can deflate or seem to inflate at abnormally high rates, making it important to monitor tire pressure and keep tires inflated properly.
Underinflated tires are much more likely to wear down, become damaged, and blow. Overinflated tires can blow out, too. The best way to avoid these issues is to monitor tire pressure weekly when temperatures are extreme, adjusting tire pressure as needed to match manufacturer recommendations.
Properly inflated tires offer many benefits including:
- Money saved: When your tires are inflated properly, the tires last longer and decrease chances of early failure. In short, you don’t have to buy tires as often.
- Gas (and more money) saved: Cars get the best fuel efficiency when the tires are inflated to correct levels. This is good for new car performance and for saving money on gas.
- People saved: When tires are not inflated properly, they lose handling and the ability to stop when compared to correctly inflated tires. This could cause an accident. You are always at higher risk of flat tires and blowouts as well with tires that aren’t inflated correctly. At high speeds, tire events can cause fatal collisions.
Come To Your Itasca Ford Dealership When You’re Ready For Your New Tires
Why go anywhere else when you are guaranteed the best prices on high-quality new tires at Zeck Ford Itasca? Our wide selection of top name brands ensures that we have replacement tires for your car, truck, or SUV, no matter the size.
These brands you trust include:
Our highly-trained technicians are equipped to know what your vehicle needs and provide the best and most cost-effective solutions for you. When you buy your tires from our Itasca Ford dealership, you are also treated to a luxury dealership experience that includes many amenities:
- Full-service maintenance and repair, not just tires
- Clean waiting areas with free internet
- Shuttle service
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff
Best of all, you can get your service scheduled online today!
Shop New & Used Cars With Us As Well
Our personal shopper staff at your Itasca Ford dealership has many years of experience in satisfying car buyers’ needs, not only with a large and quality selection of new and used cars, but also with exceptional customer service.
We are committed to continuing that tradition with you. Does that make us the best used car dealership or new car superstore? We’d humbly accept those awards, of course.
Browse our inventory online to see all of the options we have available and request information on any vehicles that catch your eye.
If you need a personal touch, we are always happy when customers contact us or come visit at 1201 E. Main St., in Itasca, just a short drive from Dallas-Fort Worth.