Comparing the Traditional Ford Mustang to the Ford Mustang Mach-E
What Separates These New Ford Mustangs For Sale?
The Ford Mustang Mach-E is Ford’s all-electric Mustang that was originally introduced in 2021 to much fanfare and many questions. A lot of Ford Mustang fans wondered how an electric Mustang would compare to traditional Mustangs. While the traditional Ford Mustang and the Mach-E share names and inspiration, not much about them is the same.
How Does the Design of These Two Ford Mustangs Compare?
We all know that traditional Mustangs are built to be sports cars, prioritizing performance and aesthetic. That is a big difference from the new Mustang Mach-E, as it has the design of a car built for commuting and more traditional driving. The Mach-E is much more spacious and comfortable for riders, which is something that the traditional Mustang has never been known for – a big change for Ford Mustang fans that never could fit one into their lifestyle.
The interior as a whole on these vehicles has quite a few differences that all follow that same theme. The Mach-E features a 15.5 inch touch screen in the dash that displays information, entertainment, and more. A second screen sits behind the steering wheel in lieu of a traditional instrument cluster. It is clear when examining the Mach-E that Ford was very focused on the technology of this electric vehicle.
Traditional Mustangs have never bragged about storage, but Mach Es have something to say in that department. A back trunk and front trunk combine to provide an impressive 59.6 cubic feet of storage space with the back seats folded down. This is a far cry from the 13.5 cubic feet you get from a traditional Mustang. Additionally, the front trunk can actually double as a cooler on the Mach-E, making it suitable for tailgating and hauling the family.
You Want To Get The Most Out Of Your Ford Mustang In Texas. Which One Will Perform Better?
Because Mustangs are all about performance, it is only right we compare the specs of each of these Mustang options.
- Mach-E: The Mach-E has options for standard and extended range battery packs. Standard battery packs carry 75.7 kWh, while their extended counterparts get 98.8 kWh, allowing for zero to 60 miles per hour in less than four seconds. If you are wanting the all wheel drive, it is required to use the extended range battery pack. The most powerful model of the Mach-E, the GT, provides 459 horsepower and 612 pound feet of torque, a big jump from the lower end 255 horsepower and 305 pound feet of torque. That means even for an electric Mustang, this pony car has some get-up-and-go.
- Mustang: The traditional Ford Mustang, like the Mach-E, comes in many different trims and options, most of which offer more power and torque than the base Mach-E. The standard version comes with 310 horsepower and 350 pound feet of torque on a 2.3 -liter turbocharged engine. The GT version turns up the heat with 460 horsepower and 420 pound feet of torque coming from a 5.0 liter V8 engine. With even more powerful options in the GT350 and GT500, it’s clear the traditional Mustang is the go-to for those seeking big power and thrills.
Zeck Ford, Your Itasca Ford Dealership, Invites You To Check Out Our Ford Mustangs For Sale
If you’re shopping for a new Ford Mustang or any other new car, you can look no further than Zeck Ford Itasca. We strive to make your buying process easy and stress-free.
You’ll get the Zecksperience when you work with us, our one-of-a-kind customer service philosophy. We only have one goal in mind: get you the car that works best for you at a reasonable and affordable price. We want to remove all of the negative pain points about the car buying process, so be confident you don’t have to deal with any of the following at Zeck:
- NO Haggling: We list our best prices, so you don’t have to negotiate and nag for every penny.
- NO Pressure: We will never pressure you to purchase a car that you don’t love or can’t afford. We work with you to find the best options in your desired price range.
- NO Salespeople: We don’t employ intimidating and overbearing salespeople. We fill our staff with non-commissioned personal shoppers who are paid a salary, so they focus solely on your needs as you find your Mustang.
Stop by Zeck Ford Itasca at 1201 E. Main Street in Itasca, just a short drive from Dallas-Fort Worth, to get the Zecksperience for yourself. Questions before you visit? Contact us.